
Today was the culmination of practices for JP’s Reggae Project. Brilliant fun. We spent the morning in the theatre having a run through of a few songs and then retreated to a rehearsal room to run through few dance steps with Marlisa. I had brought my face paints along and some costumes. Only performing backing vocals made me actually quite nervous. I’m very used to hiding behind my piano so being up front of stage with nothing acting as a barrier between myself and the audience was a little odd. But also liberating - You can’t really dance with a piano! I think this experience has been a very enjoyable eye-opener. I’m sure I was a bit atrocious in places but the whole spirit of the set and performance has attracted some very favourable feedback and I’m really happy and proud that JP asked me to be a part of it as it has provided some much needed relief from the ‘For Tomorrow’ debacle!
No comments:
Post a Comment