Monday, 23 May 2011

09/05/11

It has been done. The script has been pulled and I have also had to cut songs. Rehearsals yesterday and today have been painful to say the least. I have resigned myself to the fact that SOMETHING will happen on the 17th. What that exactly will be is anyone’s guess at the moment! At the moment we are sitting at a set that will consist of 22 songs. I think that this is enough to still get two acts. I am hoping that if the stage is still set up theatrically to reflect the setting that the cast will feel comfortable enough to still adopt some of their original character as set out in the script. I feel that it is still possible with the correct staging to make the production still retain a feeling of spectacle rather than just a straightforward gig. No point in flogging a dead horse as they say.

In other news I am still ploughing away at the dissertation of doom. I feel that I have been able to now work out a coherent structure and valid route of argument. I feel the jist of the investigation is to answer the question as to why when Britpop was not a politically vociferous movement that it seems always to be discussed within a political context. I pose that this is because when commentators discuss Britpop they are really referring to Blur. There are lots of parallels that can be drawn between New Labour and Blur, explaining the seemingly inseparable nature of New Labour and Britpop. In order to argue this I must firstly justify that Blur are the Quintessential Britpop Act and then go onto describe the similarities mentioned above. And all in 5000 words or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment