Monday, 23 May 2011

28/03/11

First rehearsal for the musical with the band tonight - Only three of us could make it. Never-the-less, for a first rehearsal it went well and helped to alleviate some of the anxiety the guys were feeling in regards to how the structure of the songs would work. At this late stage, rather than being the gesamtkuntswerk(!) I had originally envisioned, with much of the music accompanying the action on stage instead of being a solely narrative device, I have pared down the songs and music that will be included. I hope that I will be able to develop the concept further for fourth year and expand the score in order to produce a less disjointed feel. Tonight we covered the more well known songs that will be included in the musical. The real work will be on the less familiar tunes, such as those originally performed by Shed Seven, Sleeper and The Levellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment