Oh my word. What a couple of days it has been. Sunday was entirely taken up with finishing The Dissertation from hell. I think that when all is said and done it could have been better and it could have been worse. Again, I ran into time management issues. I seem to always leave everything to the last minute. I am not sure whether I allow this to happen because I work better under pressure but it seems as though the this deadline period over the last 3 years has seen me attempting to herniate my brain in getting work in on time. Every time I say next year I must be more prepared. I must use my time wisely. I must start earlier. Why do I never take my own advice? However, I feel that this year has been an unmitigated ball of stress and I have absolutely no desire to undergo this whole fiasco again and therefore I have contacted a friend who is a trained life-coach. Hopefully she will be able to help me become more organised and goal-oriented. For honours year I will be aiming to have at least a rough draft of my dissertation done before Christmas.
I am still a little bit in awe that my dissertation was written, printed, bound and delivered on time.
As far as organisation of the musical is concerned having had only 3 hours sleep in the last 48 I was a little on edge to say the least during rehearsal tonight. The hall was not set up this afternoon and the engineers I had hoped would be able to help were not available. Therefore myself, Marty and Nick began to organise the stage set-up with Mark McClymont taking over a little later. This was not the original plan (that being that we would all be able to do a full run-through in the hall that night). However, we started the rehearsal in the practice rooms and then when the stage was ready moved to the hall. The rehearsal went much better after this. I also think that having 16 people in a small room is stressful in any situation let alone when there is singing and playing involved. All in all I am a bit worried that everyone is still singing from lyric sheets. With this in mind I wonder if there was ever going to be any hope for the script ever!? Although the thought of tomorrow is more stressful than mere words can describe I feel that having gone through the majority of the songs relatively hitch-free I just might be able to get a decent sleep tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment